Saturday, March 6, 2010

This is Not the Mat I'm Looking For

As I mentioned very briefly on Twitter a bit earlier, "...someone's gonna get their ass BEAT. Like, stereotypical-ghetto-with-a-shoe." Everyone remembers my post from last week about my Anti-Vampire Door Mat, correct? Well, this morning (I say morning, but it was really only about an hour ago; I'm lazy on Saturdays) I go out to pick up my new glasses to find this:



Please note that this is not the mat that went missing last week. This is the mat that went missing, and I am not amused by the poor imitation left on my stoop as a taunting reminder of what I have lost to such petty thievery. Now I must determine if the original theft was carried out by members of the MNC, or if only the false replacement was their version of a joke, or both, or neither. I still suspect certain co-workers in the incident, although to my knowledge the "leave" tag taped to the new mat does not match any of their handwriting. Perhaps I should actually issue such a challenge to all visitors from this time forward, to attempt to discover the culprit?

At least in the meantime I should be protected from vampires again. Small victories, even in the midst of all this loss. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment